Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Doors:Light My Fire

















Happy Holidays Faithful Followers,
Another one of those weeks where you go two steps forward and four steps back.

First, I am informed by the county that they have a new mandate for uplift(wind)

and roof snow load and because we are new construction we fall under it. So, I

have to pay engineering to draw up plans to follow this mandate(they try and squeeze

every f____ dime out of you). Now Paul (my builder) and I have to go around the

house putting straps and braces so we can pass inspection. Fun time on the ladder

putting in lag bolts. Second, after framing the fireplace and bookshelf area our

local supplier informs us the fireplace we ordered 3 months ago was discontinued

and there are no others with those specs. Because it was their mistake they sent

us another one(more expensive) but it was larger. So, the past two days we spent

tearing down and rebuilding that area. As I left today we finally got it in and the

plumber was hooking up the propane. We finally also have our Front door in and

all the outside windows (yeah). I'm ready for a break. Pickup Diane and her Dad

Xmas eve from Seattle and will have a nice holiday week in Sequim. My son and

grandson will also join us. Well here are some pics. Stay Thirsty my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment